Monday 11 June 2007

First Look at the Baby

Last week, we made our first appointment with the Gynaecologist. Both of us were very excited and nervous at the same time because this is our first time and didn't know what to expect. Surprisingly, the nurses were quite friendly and explain to us the available package and the pricing. The doctor asked me quite a number of question regarding my family medical background and how am I feeling. He just took up a chart and could just tell me the due date of the baby. It was so amazing! Thereafter, I will ask to lie down on the bed because the doctor wanted to take a scan of the foetus. I was quite worried and nervous because this is my first time. He press hard to my tummy and we saw the foetus's heart beating and the shape of it. The doctor could even tell us the number of weeks of the baby just by the length of it. The first look at the baby on the screen really sank into my mind that I'm really pregnant for 8 weeks and this is not a false alarm! This is for real! It is really amazing to know there is something that is growing inside my body and the first look at the baby make me excited too. I still can remember the facial expression of kopicat. He was too very shocked and dazed. Now I'm excited about the next visit to the Gynae; wondering how would the baby look like on his/her 3rd month and the health of the baby :-P

updated by Kopicat: ultrasound photo of the offspring

No comments: